Beginning April 25, 2020, as the next wave of campuses join UCPath, the UC Travel Center will experience some blackout periods, which will affect new employees hired between April 25, 2020 and June 1, 2020, and may affect their access to the Connexxus Portal, Pre-Trip Authorization (PTA) and Express system.
Who’s Impacted: New employees and employees with changes to their employee profile
Which Campuses: ALL
When: April 25, 2020 through June 1, 2020
How to Book Business Travel Reservation with UC Travel Center During UCPath Transition
Our business hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (PST), Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- UCTC Online Booking Tool is available 24/7. A $10 ticket fee will apply for air bookings. No fees for hotel/ car only bookings.
- Agents assisted service fee of $32 will apply for air reservation with hotel and/or car. For hotel and car only reservations (without air travel), a $15 service fee will apply.
If your access to the Connexxus portal is not available, you have two options:
- A Travel Arranger from your department who has access to Connexxus will be able to book your travel via the Connexxus/UC Travel Center Online Booking Site
- You or your Travel Arranger can call (800) 235-8252 or email UC Travel Center at email@example.com to speak with a UC Travel Center Travel Consultant. The following information will be required:
- Name of Traveler/s (as it appears on their Government Issued ID, driver’s license for domestic flights and passports for international flights)
- Date of Birth
- Phone contact for traveler
- Campus email address of Authorized Travel Arranger & Traveler
- Authorization code for direct billing
- If no direct billing code is provided, UC Travel Agent will accept T & E card or personal credit card. Traveler will submit request for reimbursement
- Changes to existing direct bill ticketed reservation will be processed using campus authorization numbers. Airline change fees and UCTC service fee will apply. If required by campus, we can also copy Campus Contact person
Special Message for Traveler and/or Travel Arrangers for UCLA, UC Merced and UCOP Only
If a new employee requires a Pre-Trip Authorization during this period, please follow the steps below:
- Identify someone who can create PTAs on his or her behalf
- PTAs should be created as a non-employee
- Title, business justification, FAU sections should be filled out as necessary
- COMMENT sections should include New Employee name with UID and UCPath blackout period
If the Pre-Trip Authorization system goes completely down between April 25, 2020, and June 1, 2020, please contact UC Travel Center agent for agent-assisted reservations.
The following Express functions maybe affected.
Registering a New Employee
If a new employee incurs business travel or entertainment expenses during this time, please advise them to wait until after the outage period to register in Express and submit a reimbursement claim.
Updating Department Proxy Access
Department Security Administrators (DSAs) will not be able to update department proxy access for current Express users that have a change to their employee profile during the transition period. Please wait until after the outage period to update their proxy access in DACSS.
If the Express system goes down, all transaction will be processed once the system is up and running.
Questions or concerns regarding travel reservations, including the Pre-Trip Authorization System and the Connexxus portal, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or concerns about registering a new employee or updating Proxy access within the Express System should be sent to email@example.com.