Beginning August 31, 2019, as the next wave of campuses joins UCPath, the UC Travel Center will experience some blackout periods, which will affect new employees and may affect their access to the Connexxus Portal, Pre-Trip Authorization (PTA) and Express system.
Who’s Impacted: New employees and employees requiring change to their employee profile
Which Campus: ALL
When: Saturday, August 31 – Friday, September 20
If access to the Connexxus portal is not available, please see the steps below to make business travel reservations with UC Travel Center:
- A Travel Arranger from your department who has access to Connexxus will be able to book your travel via the Connexxus / UC Travel Center Online Booking Site
- You or your Travel Arranger can call (800) 235-8252 or email UC Travel Center at email@example.com to speak with a UC Travel Center Travel Consultant.
If a new employee requires a Pre-Trip Authorization during this period, please follow the steps below:
- Identify someone who can create PTAs on his or her behalf
- PTAs should be created as a non-employee
- Title, business justification, FAU sections should be filled out as necessary
- COMMENT sections should include New Employee name with UID and UC Path Blackout period
The following Express functions maybe affected:
Registering a New Employee
If a new employee incurs business travel or entertainment expenses during this time, please advise them to wait until after the outage period to register in Express and submit a reimbursement claim.
Updating Department Proxy Access
Department Security Administrators (DSAs) will not be able to update department proxy access for current Express users that have a change to their employee profile during the transition period. Please wait until after the outage period to update their proxy access in DACSS.
For questions or concerns regarding travel reservations, including the Pre Trip Authorization System and the Connexxus portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or concerns about registering a new employee or updating Proxy access within the Express System, please email email@example.com.
UC Travel Center