Discounts & Contract Rates
The University has negotiated agreements that make preferred rates available on various travel services to employees, staff and faculty. See the related articles for complete information on these discounts.
While some travelers believe that more cost-effective travel purchases may be made on the Internet, this is not necessarily true, especially for business travelers. In addition, when travelers book fares online, they have little or no service support if problems occur on the trip, or if last minute changes or refunds are necessary.
This means that travelers are exposed to unknown—and sometimes very costly—financial risks. In addition, by utilizing the knowledgeable professionals in the UC Travel Center, the time required to research travel options is significantly reduced.
Therefore, all faculty and staff are encouraged to use the services of the UC Travel Center when making travel plans.
BENEFITS TO UCLA TRAVELERS
Through negotiated contracts with preferred suppliers that are available only through the UC Travel Center, campus travelers can take advantage of the following benefits:
- Travel Experts available to service your travel needs and provide guidance to ensure that travel arrangements are in compliance with University Travel Policies
- Save Money – Strong working relationships with travel suppliers
- Travel Advocates – Your best interests are the priority
- Convenience – One stop Shopping for all your travel arrangements
- Service – UC Business Travel is our expertise as we have both knowledge and years of experience
- We got the Extra Mile – We work for you and will do everything possible to assist with your travel needs
- Direct billing capabilities, which eliminate the need for travelers to pay out of pocket for airfare.
- Automatic Travel Registration for all flight reservations issued by UC Travel Center. Assurance that UCLA will be able to locate and assist travelers who book through the Travel Center in the event of an emergency while they are traveling.
- Access to negotiated airline, car, lodging and other ground transportation for UC-related business travel allowing point-of-sale savings since 1997. These savings accrued directly to department funding sources.
- Emergency After Hours Service at no cost for involuntary changes that cannot wait to be addressed during our normal business hours.
- UC Travel Center online booking tool, Connexxus, is exclusive for UC Travelers available 24/7. (Login credentials required.)
- Meeting/Conference Planning Desk – Let UC Travel Center be your working partner for off-campus meetings or conferences. We offer expertise with air, lodging and meeting facilities, and ground transportation negotiations. We can process Direct Billing Transactions and transaction reports as needed.
- Leisure Referral Program – Offers UC faculty, staff and students special discounts for leisure travel from a list of participating vendors.
- Rate Reduction Monitoring – Our systems monitor rate reductions on your ticketed reservation. We will contact you if reduction is significant to reissue ticket.
- Unused Ticket Tracker – Our system monitors your unused ticket. A monthly unused ticket report is sent to Travel Administrators of each campus listing unused ticket credits for future travel.