Skip to Main Content

Documentation & Receipt Requirements for Travel & Entertainment Expenditures

Reimbursements for travel and entertainment expenses must comply with receipt and documentation requirements specified in the UC Business and Finance Bulletin, G-28, Policy and Regulations Governing Travel or UC Business and Finance Bulletin BUS-79, Expenditures for Entertainment, Business Meetings and Other Occasions.

Original receipts reflecting form of payment are always required for:

  • Airfare.
  • Registration/conference fees.
  • Lodging – domestic and foreign actual.
  • Rental car.
  • Expenses exceeding $75.
  • Entertainment (receipts must be itemized regardless of amount).

Reimbursements through the Express system must have all documentation requirements met. Express is linked with an imaging system which attaches documentation directly to the expense report claim.