Car Service Discounts & Contract Rates
The G-28 UC Travel policy states: "Transportation expenses shall be reimbursed based on the most economical mode of transportation."
Therefore, using car and driver service is only allowed in extenuating circumstances. Detailed justification will be required to show why car and driver service is requested over other modes of transportation such as taxi, shuttle and other.
- Justification to show why car service is selected as mode of transportation rather than others will be required when submitting for reimbursement
How to reserve for Car and Driver Service
Direct Bill Car and Driver Service is available only with UC Travel Center . You can call us at (310) 206-2639 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. A $15 booking fee applies.
UC Travel Center works with various car and driver service providers, but will select the least expensive available service provider that will meet your needs. Based on number of passengers and baggage, we will reserve a sedan or SUV for you. ADA Van shuttles are also available.
Please follow the steps below when making a Car and Driver Service request with UC:
- Reservation must be made directly with UC Travel Center for all Direct Bill
- Name and cell phone number of person to be picked up
- Time and location of pick-up
- Flight arrival information if any
- UC Travel Agent will contact the car service company and get price quote and VCK number for your Purchase Order.
- You create a Purchase Order based on price quote received
- Inform Agent of the PO number to initiate reservation
- Agent will email the car service confirmation and reservation details to you