UC Travel Center Overview
For more than 14 years, the UC Travel Center, located near UCLA campus, has provided value-added travel agency services to UC travelers systemwide. As a key participant in supplier negotiations, we provide substantial discounts and enhanced benefits to our travelers. In addition, the UC Travel Center offers other convenient services for campus travelers such as direct billing to avoid out-of-pocket airfare expenses and online booking options through the Connexxus Portal. Online booking provides users with a more cost-effective alternative for routine travel itineraries.
The UC Travel Center continues to be represented on the systemwide UC Travel Management Council, which promotes strategic sourcing of various travel contracts. It is important to note that when travel reservations are made with the UC Travel Center, our agents are able to provide guidance to all travelers and travel arrangers to ensure that travel itineraries are in compliance with UC Travel Policies. The UC Travel Center also provides instructor-led training sessions that teach travelers and travel arrangers the appropriate steps to take for official business travel in order to be a prudent traveler and remain in compliance with UC policies.
The Connexxus travel program, under the direction of the University of California Office of the President, continues to market itself as the preferred method for travel arrangement throughout the UC System.
- Travel Experts are available to service your travel needs and provide guidance to ensure that travel arrangements are in compliance with University Travel Policies.
- The UC Travel Center Online Booking tool is available 24/7 in Connexxus.
- Our website www.travel.ucla.edu provides news and events, general travel information, policies, resources and links to the following and more:
- Connexxus Portal for all campuses
- Pre-Trip Authorization for UCLA, UCOP and UC Merced campuses
- Express Reimbursements for UCLA
- Leisure Referral Program for all campuses
- Emergency After Hours Service at no cost for involuntary changes that cannot wait to be addressed during our normal business hours.
- Rate Reduction Monitoring – Our systems monitor rate reductions on your ticketed reservation. We will contact you if reduction is significant enough to reissue the ticket.
- Unused Ticket Tracker – Our system monitors your unused ticket. A monthly Unused Ticket report is sent to Travel Administrators of each campus listing unused ticket credits for future travel.
- Leisure Referral Program – This program offers UC faculty, staff and students special discounts for leisure travel. Here, you will find a list of participating vendors offering a variety of travel programs to suit your needs, fulfill your wishes and create travel memories that will last a lifetime. Visit the Leisure Referral Program to be directly connected to the vendor website or speak with a leisure travel specialist to begin planning your trip.
- Meeting/Conference Planning Desk – Let the UC Travel Center be a working partner for your off-campus meetings or conferences. We offer expertise with air, lodging and meeting facilities, and ground transportation negotiations. We can process Direct Billing Transactions and transaction reports as needed.