Service Fees for Airline Tickets
All travel agencies, including UC Travel, have historically relied on commission revenues supplied by airlines and other travel vendors to support their activities. Over the past several years, airlines have virtually eliminated the commissions paid to agencies. Travel agencies have turned to the imposition of service fees to cover operational costs associated with issuing tickets to travelers.
Service Fee Schedule
The UC Travel Center has created a service fee schedule for issuing airline tickets and other transactions, but we have strived to maintain the lowest possible fees when compared to other University-managed travel programs and private travel agencies in the area.
|Each Domestic airline ticket of $150 or less||$25|
|Each Domestic airline ticket over $150||$30|
|Each International airline ticket||$30|
|Each cancellation, refund, or exchange||$30|
|Documentation for completed trips*||$15|
|Each paper ticket when eTicket available||$10|
* Past-date documents are provided only up to six (6) months from return date of trip.
Note: Additional airline fees may apply. Exchange fee of $30.00 applies to each change made to any ticket, even refundable or California State Government (YCAL) fares tickets.
Payment and Reimbursement for Service Fees
Service fees will appear in one of the following ways, depending on the method of payment used to purchase, exchange or refund an airline ticket:
- Personal Credit Cards or Corporate Charge Card
- The service fee will appear as a charge on the credit card statement.
- The charge may not appear on the statement directly following the purchase, exchange or refund. The service fee charged for airfare associated with University travel is reimbursable. See "Express Travel & Entertainment System" for more information.
- University Direct Billing System
- The service fee will show on the University ledger of the account charged.
- The fee may show as a separate line item or it may be included in the line item representing the total ticket price, depending upon how the pre-trip authorization was prepared by the department.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: (310) 794-3509
10920 Wilshire Boulevard, 5th Floor
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.